Thursday, March 18, 2010

Keep it simple stupid!

"I've lost my inner dude!"


Hi folks,
Late afternoon here and finally some rays of sunshine have blessed our shores. Plus for a fracking change it's not raining. Foul weather has continued through the last two months and Gib has been soaked with powerful storms running across our little peninsula on their way across the globe. I almost went out on the street at three in the morning the other night just because it was not raining. That's how water logged with cabin fever I've been getting.

Otherwise, I'm doing well and have been slaving over a hot script, trying to get this damned piece out of my head. What started as a simple idea to learn an already existing script has morphed into my creating a new cut of Quentin's words. You know me since when did I like the easy road which had been explored before? So, at this point of the process I'm a man possessed. My body trapped in front of the computer screen's light. A moth drawn back again and again by the words flying around me. My fingers dancing across the keyboard trying to keep step with their rhythm. When I was a much younger man I used to imagine that when the muses took me. I was like a romantic figure, you know a painter in a Parisian garret room with a beautiful model draped at rest in the moody light. My frock covered in myriad splashes of paints.

But my ex-wife Lois would attest to my being more like a demented Dr. Frankenstein in a castle laboratory hunkered down over the body of the creature. Plenty of blood smears on the white coat from the rush of words seeking to be put down. So, as to clothe the idea in flesh and finish the deed. So, close...so close. Now, if I only had a brain!


As delirious and obsessive as the ride has become. It shows no signs of slowing down. I have ahead of me the task of putting all these lines in my head in about 10 weeks. No, pressure! So I'll keep this one short and just say that I am arriving on May the 27th and will be in the states until June 13th. So, please make a note because I'd like to see as many of you as I can. I'll be more forthcoming in my next missive.

1 comment:

Mark Marshall said...

Ahh - the lovely, wretched, holy and damnable creative process. It is a thing of beauty. Can't wait to see what unfolds from it!!! Much much love from across the pond.